Strategic Human Resource Management (HRM) is the means of aligning the management of human resources strategic content of the business. It covers broad organisational concerns relating to structure, organisational effectiveness and performance, matching resources to future business requirements as well as the management of change. In essence it addresses major people issues which either effect or are part of the strategic plans of the organisation.
The services under Human Resource Management include:
- Development of personnel procedures;
- Recruitment and selection;
- Development of performance management programmes (PMP);
- Manpower planning and employee resourcing;
- Job analysis and evaluation;
- Reward management schemes (RMS);
- Employee industrial relations.